Friday, August 28, 2009

Our First Week Alone

It is official! I was a stay at home mom with Grant for a full week. It was fun, frustrating, hectic, sweet and emotional - and I learned a lot. I learned a lot about myself and a lot about our precious little boy.
The biggest realizations on my end were:
1. I am more patient than I realized
2. I am not a lazy person
I think I knew the above - but this week proved it to be true. I think it was a great life lesson for me. I questioned writing about this in a blog but I thought it would be fun to look back and see where I was at this time. I am so so so happy and so so so tired. And really looking forward to Chad being home this weekend.

Grant has grown up this week - he naps less, keeps eye contact longer and screams louder. He is still super tiny and such a baby - but some times I get glimpses of him being a little boy. I just adore him. I have been reading "The Happiest Baby on the Block" to him (thank you Kylie) and he seems to enjoy rocking and hearing my voice. We are figuring all of this out together and having fun in the process

Jovie has also been a constant companion. She is our irritant and protector. All in all - Jove Dogg has been very good with Grant and it is nice to have the extra company (especially in the middle of the night and during a Grant melt down).

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lara, GPaw gave me your blog address. What an adorable little fellow. And what a joyous time for you and your little family. It will go by faster than you can imagine. He can call me Autn Nonnie. That is what I try to get Judd's little boy Chance to call me. I don't see him enough for him to remember me, but he always speaks to me like he does. Give Grantfabulous a hug and kiss. Looking forward to having some Aunt Nonnie time in Pittsburgh.

    Love ya'll,
    Aunt Nonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love our "Grantson". He is precious in EVERY way!!

    Enjoy Grant;
    The days are long,
    but the years are short!

    Love ya
    G-Paw and MiMi

    ReplyDelete