Thursday, August 20, 2009

He is Here!

He is Here!!

We are so excited to announce that Grant Patrick Gaither arrived Tuesday, August 18th at 10:32 am. He weighed 7 pounds 4 oz and was 19 3/4 inches long. We love love love him!

The labor was a fabulous whirlwind and went wonderfully smooth. I started having contractions at 4:30 pm on Monday and we checked in to the hospital at 2:00 am. They gave us the epidural and we took a long nap. By the time we woke up, it was time to push - and one hour later he was screaming on my chest. It was amazing, a little easier than I expected and very exciting. My parents hit the road from the Hill Country at 3:00 am and were able to be there for birth of their first grandchild. Chad and I spent an hour alone with the baby, decided on the name and then we introduced both sets of grandparents to the sweet baby grandson. It really was amazing.

I would also like to give a shout out to Presby - the hospital staff was so helpful and also held our hands through his first couple of days...

We are home safe and sound and it is so nice to have a baby in the house. Words can not describe how wonderful Grant is...we are working on a couple of words: Grantastic and Grantacular...

Before


























MiMi and G-Pop

BeBe and Boots
He Loves me the BEST!


His Birth Day Party







5 comments:

  1. What an amazing couple of days we have had!!!!!
    Boy you have been busy to get all of this posted - the pictures are wonderful and so is our precious Baby Grant!
    Sweet Dreams your first night home!
    love,
    Bebe and Boots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Lara and Chad! He is adorable. I am so glad that you had a quick and fairly easy delivery. I guess going past your due date was worth it in the end since it resulted in such a great experience. Hope you are adjusting well to life at home with a new life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grant is awesome! I love him already!!! Tell him not to worry, I will be the best aunt ever - haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great pictures! Can't wait to meet baby Grant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the pictures. Congratualtions and I cannot WAIT to meet him!

    ReplyDelete